The Software used in our VFX and Game programs can be very resource intensive and requires modern hardware with specific technologies for an enjoyable experience. Although configurations can vary greatly, here are some basic specs can that help point you in the right direction.
- Nvidia Graphics card. (OpenCL and CUDA capable)
- Intel CPU, (the more cores the better)
- Minimal 16GB of RAM.
- Minimal 1TB of hard drive space.
- Adequate ventilation and cooling.
- We primarily use Windows as our OS of choice, although Mac OS X is an option, your hardware will need to meet specific requirements as well. Please note, certain software and plugins in this industry are OS specific.
There is no requirement to have your own computer, although we highly recommend you own one. The school provides access to our facilities for computer and lab usage which will house all software needed. If you need some assistance with a acquiring an ideal workstation or laptop, simply email our IT Dept. and they will gladly help you